The student news site of Rockwood Summit High School

Peak Brain Training: App Review

Jack Goren, Of The Talon Staff

With more than 40 games for the user to play, the Peak Brain Training app explores a relatively new category of brain training through the use of simple and user friendly games.

When Peak is first downloaded, the user is prompted to create a free account. After registration, a brief questionnaire appears on screen and the registrant is asked to select what aspect of brain training is desired from the daily games offered in the app. These categories include memory, language, focus, problem solving, mental agility and emotion. After registration, a user can begin their workout. Each workout, or daily selected brain games in Peak, are chosen specifically for each user; the games offered are sure to add a fun and easy challenge to daily life. As a whole, Peak Brain Training has a simple to use interface, and each game can be learned in minutes. After a quick instruction guide for a game, one can jump right in and play. Once a game is complete, the user receives a score, and is then compared to other users at the same level. It is a neat way to see how your skills compare to other people in the world with a similar level of comprehension/ability. The Peak app is free to download, but also offers a paid pro plan with more mini-games and data tracking tools. However, some might find that the free version of the app offers adequate mediums for entertainment and improvement.

Peak was released in Sept. 2014, and possesses numerous awards/certifications from Apple; these include App Store Best of 2014, Best App of September, and Editor’s Choice. The CEO of Peak Brain Training is Itamar Lesuisse, who is also a founder of the app. The science team helping with Peak consists of two doctorates that deal with neuroscience, and two scientific advisors. All of the scientists help to study and improve brain stimulation through Peak Brain Training. Overall, the app is very unique and shines a new light on mobile neuroscience technology; Peak provides entertaining and thought provoking challenges through the use of simple mini-games.

Peak Brain Training: App Review