I, _________________________, have read and discussed The Rockwood Summit Talon Staff Manual. I understand I must abide by the rules, guidelines, and expectations listed in the manual. I understand that if I break a rule, guideline, or expectation, I am subject to:
- Lose my editorship
- Lose certain staff privileges
- Lose my press pass
- Lose my Quill & Scroll officer position
- Lose my Quill & Scroll membership
- A failing grade in the class
- Removal from the staff
- Other punishments, listed in the manual or by the discretion of the adviser
I understand the privilege and responsibility the press has. I will act honorably and with integrity when representing The Talon and in my daily life.
I will abide by the Code of Ethics made by the Society of Professional Journalists:
- Seek truth and report it
- Minimize harm
- Act independently
- Be accountable and transparent
I will exercise my first amendment rights to accurately and fairly report on Rockwood Summit’s life, events, and culture that includes or impacts the school and district community.