The student news site of Rockwood Summit High School

Student band raises money with farewell concert

Pardon the Youth brings in over $650 for radio station

Playing their guitars, seniors Nathan Higgins and Matt Podjeski perform two acoustic numbers. Their band, Pardon the Youth, had a farewell concert on Dec. 1.

Sarah Faust

Sarah Faust

Sophie Pupillo, Of The Talon staff

The school hosted Pardon the Youth’s final concert on Dec. 1 before the boys go their separate ways to college.

After being together for a little over a year, Pardon the Youth had their final concert to raise money for the school’s radio station, KFTN 92.7. The concert was able to raise over $650 for the station. The school hosted the concert in the theater with over a hundred people in attendance. The band’s guitar player senior Matt Podjeski said how the last concert was a success.

“We had a great crowd reaction, people got up and danced, that always makes us play better. Overall, it was a great show,” said Podjeski.

The band’s lead singer, senior Nathan Higgins said how the support of his fans means a lot to the band.

“It means a lot that so many people came out tonight. I loved it that people actually came out and watched us play,” said Higgins.

Senior Justin Dulay has been in the band since the start and plays the bass. He said that the relationship he has formed with his band mates it something very important to him.

“I am going to miss it. There is a certain comradery in it that is hard to find anywhere else,” said Dulay.

The newest member of the band, senior Jack Pierle performed for the first time with Pardon the Youth at a block party on Oct. 8. He joined the band after the former drummer, Caleb Summers, went to college. 

“I am going to miss performing with these guys and being on stage. I think everyone in the band played great,” Pierle said. 

• NEWS

Rockwood hosts annual safety fair at Summit

• FEATURES

Radio: theater of the mind

• Student band raises money with farewell concert

NEWS

College opportunity

NEWS

Athletic Hall of Fame honors alumni

• NEWS

College scare

NEWS

Hour of learning, exploring code

• NEWS

Pas de cell

NEWS

KFTN hosts student concert

NEWS

Eight down, two to go

• NEWS

Bands of America Experience